Monday, August 14, 2017

June 26, 2017

Well everyone I have moved areas once again, this is my fifth area in less than one year. I have been to 5 out of the 9 zones in the mission, so we are working our way up there! My new companions name is Elder Yamada, from Japan 🇯🇵; He is a funny guy, all day I am laughing with him. The best thing about this new area is that Elder O'Hare is my zone leader and even better he is in my district. My district is composed of the zone leaders, the sister training leaders,
and one normal companionship; in a district full of leaders you need to step up your leadership or they might just walk all over you. But I am happy with my new area and expecting great things from it.

I studied this week on a few things, focusing on pride and virtue. The one thing that they have in common is that these things are settled in your heart. If we take the poetic definition of ones heart, it being a center or our motivation, we can learn a little more on how to develop ones christlike attribute of virtue. Our motivations drive us to our
destinations, wither they be righteous or unrighteousness that is another thing. I have met many missionaries who are driven by pride, meaning they want to find new people to teach to count as a statistical number. These numbers gratify their pride and vain ambition. Virtue on the other hand, is a principle of cleanliness and healing power. If we have virtuous motivations, such as missionaries wanting to find people to teach to invite as many people to turn to Christ and make and keep covenants with him. These are the powerful
missionaries. Both missionaries may get the same out come, in helping change others lives through the gospel, but they themselves are not changed because of the lack of involvement of Christ. This is his work, and he will have it done his way, if not you might be left to kick against the pricks.

Anyways we have been working hard, we have a few people progressing towards a baptism. John is the most interesting one because he can't read or write, so he can't really bear testimony if the Book of Mormon which is a challenge. He's English so we don't understand what happened there.

Well I love each and everyone of you, thank you for your thoughtful and uplifting emails. Continue to endure on, because heaven knows I am. Love you all


No comments:

Post a Comment