Thursday, September 1, 2016

Elder Massey 1st Letter


England has been great so far! My knowledge of traveling that i have gathered from going to Lani's back and forth has definitely been beneficial while i traveled here. The flights over here were literally the worst experiences of my life, but on the flight from Paris to England they gave us pastries which was actually very nice(they definitely thought i was a stupid american). When i got here they put us straight away on a bus and straight into the meeting room where we put on our name tags and swore and oath to only take them off at night. My mission president, President Preston, is an fantastic man. I have already learned a lot from him. When i got here we were separated into our districts, and i was made District Leader of District Benjamin (The Lord definitely has a sense of humor). I have been trying to magnify my call and do the best as i can possibly can with my district. My companions name is Elder O'Hare, he is from Phoenix Arizona and a fantastic guy. I have been trying to learn a lot in my classes and in our class role plays. Role plays are the biggest section in our classes and we have our teachers play people they met on their mission and we as separate companionships share messages with her (i try not to say teach lessons, because it is the spirit that teaches and testifies to the investigator that they might know it be true). My first investigator was Dema, previously he was a Russian orthodox Priest but retired because he came into some money and became a painter, and he knew the bible PERFECTLY! He was also a very odd shiftly guy who could not really stick to one place for too long. He was very hard to teach but as I prayed for Dema and prayed for guidance on how to better share the Lords message with him to better connect him with our heavenly father i was inspired along with my companion to teach the restoration on our second lesson. Even though it was just a role play the spirit was so strong in our lesson that we taught my heart hurt, and as we were ending and committing him to come to church that sunday my companion and i felt impressed to commit him to baptism. It did not make sense to me why we should commit Dema on our second or third lesson with him but i remember in a note given to me with the quote "Never Post Pone a Promoting" so i let my companion commit him to baptism. I never felt a silence go on for so long but at the end Dema had accepted to be baptised. We were later pulled aside by our teacher and he explained to us that not one of his students who had done role plays had understood how to do the work of the Lord so well, that we were weeks ahead of any time table he had seen and that we were mission ready. Obviously we are not going out earlier than any one else but now our teachers teach my companionship different material than others, we role play with different teachers all the time to better understand how we can improve. But we have not yet come to a teacher with any critiques of our teaching methods. I do not mean to boast in my strength but only in the strength of the spirit of the Lord, that if you are obedient and willing to become in tune with the spirit and give it an opportunity to enter the heart of your investigator that the spirit will change the heart of that investigator and better receive the Lords message of happiness. The spirit will give you strength if you allow it to dwell within you and allow it to guide you through your life in "ALL" things. Obviously i have been quoting scripture this whole time but i did not want to take the time to write them in the first letter. I love every single one of you and you all have prepared me to better serve my mission to better serve my brothers and sisters here in England. But this is the up most important part of this letter, and if you don't remember anything else other than this i will be proud. Brett is right on the pronunciation of ikea. Now you know i have been truly humbled. Sorry for any misspelling or incorrect punctuation, the keyboards are different here. Church is true, book is blue, see you in 103 weeks
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment